It’s not often that a band celebrates their 25th anniversary – it’s a special milestone for any business, but especially in the music world it’s truly incredible.
Ballyhoo! is one of the lucky few that has made it to this milestone, and they’ve done it based on the commitment, sacrifices, and pure drive of their members.
Howi Spangler, singer and guitarist of Ballyhoo!, joins us on today’s episode to discuss the band’s longevity, adapting to COVID-19, and how they have managed to make a living as creatives.
Listen now to learn more about Howi and Ballyhoo! and find out what you can do to grow your own business into a great career!
What you’ll learn:
- What Ballyhoo! did to adapt to live streaming when the pandemic began
- Why Ballyhoo! started hosting an annual Hoolloween show
- How adaptation is one of the keys of Howi and Ballyhoo!’s long-term success
- How you can monetize your band’s live streams
- Why you should build a community for your fans
- What Howi attribute’s to the longevity of his career
- Why taking risks within reason is necessary for your business
- Why changing your sound needs to be natural – but you shouldn’t be afraid of losing fans
- How to become a successful artist or creative
- Why you should just do it – start planning a live stream for your band today!
Discuss this episode
Click here to join the discussion in our Facebook community.
To help keep The Better Band Bureau going, we sometimes use affiliate links. This means that if you buy something using one of the links below we may get a small commission. This absolutely does not affect what you pay for any of the linked items – your price will be the same whether you use our links or not. This trickle of income is what helps us keep the free content flowing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Howi Spangler and Ballyhoo! on the web
@ballyhoorocks on Instagram
@howispangler on Instagram
Tales From the Green Room Podcast
Get your Hoolloween tickets now!
Ballyhooligans! Facebook group
“I Don’t Wanna Go”
Message to the World
Howi Spangler on YouTube
Howi Spangler on Spotify
Howi Spangler Linktree
Alive In Barcelona
Pinnacle Pro Sound
The Better Band Bureau on Facebook
Artists and Bands
Fred Mascherino (The Color Fred, Terrible Things, Taking Back Sunday)
Companies and Places
Saturday Night Live
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
Episode Transcript (automatic – excuse errors)